Author Topic: Peter Pan Week  (Read 5814 times)

GOSH

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • GOSH
Peter Pan Week
« on: February 11, 2010, 10:06:33 AM »
Hi - I work at Great Ormond St Hospital Children's Charity and look after Peter Pan and JM Barrie's gift.  We have just launched our Peter Pan Week in the UK - join us from the 26-30 April for a week of Peter Pan themed fundraising activities and a Guinness World Record attempt for the largest number of people dressed as Peter Pan! It is primarily aimed at schools across the UK, but anyone can join in the fun and help support the Charity and Hospital. To all of you in the UK, please pass this on to all the children, schools, Peter Pan fans you know - or anyone you think might be interested.
For more information, visit www.peterpanweek.com
If you have any questions, you can contact me at peterpan@gosh.org
Thank you for your support.
Christine

TheWendybird

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Girl Who Waited
Re: Peter Pan Week
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 10:07:38 PM »
Oh gosh (ha!) why the heck are we in the wrong hemisphere? :P I really wanna take part!

Lis Hill

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 09:01:35 PM »
Hello Christine

The news about Peter Pan Week is going out to primary schools in Kirriemuir and the rest of Angus, Dundee, Lanarkshire, Argyll and Highland through Glow, the Learning and Teaching Scotland (LTS) intranet

Lis

GOSH

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • GOSH
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 12:10:47 PM »
Thanks, Lis - that's brilliant!

And WendyBird: be with us in spirit and wish us luck!

GOSH

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • GOSH
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 08:30:36 AM »
We held our Peter Pan Day at the hospital last Friday (the 30th) and it was a great success - patients, parents and staff joined in and had a lot of fun. You can see them on www.gosh.org.

Almost 1,000 schools across the UK participated - including Kirriemuir! - as reported in some local press:

http://www.hounslowchronicle.co.uk/west-london-news/local-hounslow-news/2010/05/04/pupils-dress-up-as-peter-pan-for-a-good-cause-109642-26372946/

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/local-news/2010/05/04/pupils-at-stoneycroft-primary-corinthian-hooked-on-peter-pan-100252-26369030/

We are currently collating all the date from all participating schools to find out whether we have qualified for the Guinness World Record of the highest number of people dressed as Peter Pan at the same time and I'll let you know how we did as soon as we have the final count. Meanwhile, I just want to say thank you to all of you who joined in, even if it was only in spirit!

Next stop: Kirriemuir this week-end!

Christine

GOSH

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • GOSH
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 01:03:19 PM »
Numbers are still being counted but in the meantime, if you want to see what  Peter Pan Day was like at Great Ormond St Hospital, click on the link below.

http://www.gosh.org/peterpan/schools-and-youth-groups/peter-pan-week-2010/gallery/

Christine

TheWendybird

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Girl Who Waited
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 05:26:58 PM »
Awww so cute :D Look at all those Pan's! hehehehe