Author Topic: Songs for Peter Pan  (Read 26184 times)

TheWendybird

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Girl Who Waited
Songs for Peter Pan
« on: September 20, 2009, 07:22:51 AM »
Just curious if anyone has songs that they associate with Peter Pan....in general for me there are songs like:

Return to Innocence-Enigma
Clocks-Coldplay (originally because of the trailer for the '03 movie but actually listening to it I could easily interpret it as Peter Pan themed)
You Can't Take me I'm Free- Bryan Adams from the Spirit Soundtrack reminds me of Peter
Before the Dawn by Evanescence
Forever Young- the non Rod Stewart version haha I like both tho.
Dark Waltz by Hayley Westenra reminds me of the faerie dance in the '03 movie and was in fact the first video I ever made (just never re-uploaded it to my new account on youtube)
Into the Night by Benny Mardones
For Always from the movie "A.I." by Josh Groban and Lara Fabian
Breakaway by Kelly Clarkson -for Wendy
I've found out composer/musician Jim Steinman basis almost all his songs at least in spirit on Peter Pan..he loves it.. and I've always loved Total Eclipse of the Heart and could easily see this as a Wendy song.
Confessions of a Broken Heart by Lindsay Lohan (no i'm not a fan but I like this song as I relate and think it's very Wendy like toward Mr. Darling)
It's All Coming Back to Me Now-Celine Dion-Old Wendy
Away, Walking in the Air (from 'The Snowman') and Dark Chest of Wonders by Nightwish
Who Wants to Live Forever by Queen
Untitled by Simple Plan
There's something about "Eden" by Sarah Brightman that makes me think of it
Perfect Situation by Weezer totally reminds me of Peter for some reason lol
See Who I Am-Within Temptation...reminds me of Peter and the fact we have to look at more than his surface to understand the real boy inside.
Learn to be Lonely-Minnie Driver..this is the song from the end credits of the Andrew Lloyd Webber Phantom of the Opera movie...I never thought it suited the Phantom at all but as soon as I heard it it hit me as being a song more like Peter.

This is by far not my full list but what do you think? And does anyone else have songs to add to this list?

AlexanderDavid

Re: Songs for Peter Pan
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 03:03:52 PM »
I've actually heard of some of those songs!  :D

But I noticed the absence of one, and I don't blame you because it's a really dumb song (not even a song at all, really), but:

Hook by Blues Traveler

TheWendybird

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Girl Who Waited
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 06:26:56 PM »

But I noticed the absence of one, and I don't blame you because it's a really dumb song (not even a song at all, really), but:

Hook by Blues Traveler

I actually don't know if i've heard that one lol

AlexanderDavid

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 07:31:51 PM »

Hook by Blues Traveler

I actually don't know if i've heard that one lol

It's pretty lame--the lyrics don't mean anything (though at one point they do mention Peter and Wendy and Hook), and the tune is just Pachelbel's Canon in D, like so many other songs....

But that's the first song I think of when I think of Peter Pan....

Hannah High

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2009, 08:41:51 PM »
i hate those songs (sorry, I'm a horrible, horrible person). They're rather cheesy. Just in my view though. I don't know a thing about music, so don't take offence. Whatever music gives you that sensation is good. I listen to songs for an experience, and some of them are cheesy (shh! that never leaves this room). You have a good way at putting songs together, Wendy. I thought your video for MJ and Barrie and Peter Pan was nice and very beautiful. Sweet pain to it. That song is very simple, which is probably why you were able to morph it on a complex Barrie. Works with millions of people alive whose childhoods know the Lost Boy (or girl) nature.

Lately I've been listening to Maria Callas and the wails of the Japanese Noh Theatre...not sure what either one is saying, so only in sound could I relate them to something else if I thought of it. Uhh...let's try again.

As for Peter...hmm...what songs I think of? Well Anno Birkin's "Landslide" and "Touched"...though those two songs remind me of everything, Peter Pan just being one part of that everything.

There's also a number of scores, I can't think of any right now, but if I do...
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 08:58:38 PM by Hannah High »

Hannah High

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2009, 11:05:10 PM »
actually some of those songs I haven't even heard, so ignore my last post...who knows what I'm missing!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 11:28:16 PM by Hannah High »

AlexanderDavid

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2009, 07:56:52 AM »
.. and I've always loved Total Eclipse of the Heart and could easily see this as a Wendy song.

These are the songs on TheWendybird's list that I've heard, and I have never associated any with Peter Pan until now.   :-[

But now, I can certainly see that for Return to Innocence (especially with the Native American chants), and especially It's All Coming Back to Me Now, which is about the dark side of love (based on Wuthering Heights).  I'll have to listen to Total Eclipse of the Heart again (that was also based on Wuthering Heights).  Forever Young is obvious from the title but I'll have to listen to that again too.

TheWendybird

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Girl Who Waited
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2009, 09:11:24 AM »
.. and I've always loved Total Eclipse of the Heart and could easily see this as a Wendy song.

These are the songs on TheWendybird's list that I've heard, and I have never associated any with Peter Pan until now.   :-[

But now, I can certainly see that for Return to Innocence (especially with the Native American chants), and especially It's All Coming Back to Me Now, which is about the dark side of love (based on Wuthering Heights).  I'll have to listen to Total Eclipse of the Heart again (that was also based on Wuthering Heights).  Forever Young is obvious from the title but I'll have to listen to that again too.

Yeah with Total Eclipse and All Coming Back to me trust me on this...Jim Steinman who wrote both..had something of peter pan in his mind too...because somehow at least in spirit he somehow sticks something in his songs to do with it....not sure how especially with some songs like "Paradise by the Dashboard light" lol but....this is what he's said before. In Total Eclipse these lines strike me particularly "Every now and then I know you'll never be the boy you've always wanted to be. But every now and then I know you'll always be the only boy who wanted me the way that I am. Every now and then I know there's no one in the universe as magical or wonderous as you...every now and then I know there's nothing any better...there's nothing that I just wouldn't do"

Hannah High

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2009, 12:20:03 PM »
ooh, missed "return to innocence" on your list. I do like that one. Actually, the chants are not of any Native American language, they're Taiwanese (aborigines). Also...It's all coming back to me, for some reason, I always thought I guy sung that...yes, wasn't it Meatloaf who did it? Dion must have done a version too. I haven't heard it since I was a kid, but I remember the feel, I see how you mark that one too. Also, the Spirit soundtrack is nice, Zimmer and Adams, though I had never thought of Peter Pan with it before. Interesting.

TheWendybird

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Girl Who Waited
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2009, 01:36:05 PM »
ooh, missed "return to innocence" on your list. I do like that one. Actually, the chants are not of any Native American language, they're Taiwanese (aborigines). Also...It's all coming back to me, for some reason, I always thought I guy sung that...yes, wasn't it Meatloaf who did it? Dion must have done a version too. I haven't heard it since I was a kid, but I remember the feel, I see how you mark that one too. Also, the Spirit soundtrack is nice, Zimmer and Adams, though I had never thought of Peter Pan with it before. Interesting.

Yeah I always wondered if someone could replace the taiwanese with a native language singing something and would it have a similar sound. Yup Celine did the first version of All coming back to me...way back in the good ol 90's haha my mom had her album so i listened to it a lot. I actually have a peter pan video that starts off with the alternate ending of the 2003 movie where peter comes back to the nursery and she says she's forgotton how to fly etc and it goes into the song with the flashbacks and ends in the present again. Everyone loved it on my old account but my old account got deleted and i'm not sure if i can re-post that particular song as of yet....they have this new system now where sometimes you can keep your song and have an ad put on the page. And yes I never did get to see the movie Spirit but I have a few songs from it and it's quite nice!

Peter Pan

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2009, 08:55:37 AM »
There's a number of songs from the Black Parade album by My Chemical Romance that tend to remind me of Peter Pan. The album has a pretty obvious theme about the absurdity of human mortality and aging. There's also a song or two sung from the viewpoint of a ghost, which fits the supposed versions of PP in which he's (allegedly) actually a spirit.

AlexanderDavid

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2009, 03:13:37 PM »

Ah, I didn't realize that.  Thanks for the info!

TheWendybird

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Girl Who Waited
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2009, 11:28:24 PM »
I just realized that "It's All Coming Back to Me Now" has ads next to it on other vids so i'm going to re-upload the video. I might do others too as I check to make sure about the music...I have a Finding Neverland vid to "Return to Innocence" that people really liked too I guess I'll check on that song next. Anyhoo I'm going to re-upload the former video I mentioned in this message so you all can see how I envisioned this...with Peter coming back to Wendy and then the flashbacks and what not...it's still KIND OF from both of their perspectives but it's mostly just Wendy's flashback. I used the 2003 movie of course because well....as much as I love aspects of Disneys because of my childhood..it's by far umpteen times better ;)

TheWendybird

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Girl Who Waited
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2009, 11:41:27 PM »
Alrighty...here it is... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1QEQYHUaAA

Moondust

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2009, 10:01:57 AM »
Boats and Birds by Gregory and the Hawk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz5H3iVjAlw